Like your skin, your lips require special care and attention during chilly winters. Winters can be harsh for your otherwise smooth lips. If you want to get rid of chapped lips then apply coconut oil, glycerin and petroleum jelly, says experts. Here are a few tips for lips care during winters.
- Apply petroleum jelly in abundance for keeping your lips pink and soft.
- Glycerin, which is usually found in homes, make for a great home remedy for excessive dry patches which surface on your skin and area surrounding the lips and eyes.
- Make sure you do not forget to apply coconut oil on a regular basis during winters so that they neither flake nor dry. In addition, you can also apply this oil on navel for nourishing the lips from within.
- Just like your skin, your lips need hydration as well. Thus, make sure that you do not cut down the intake of water, vegetables and fruits simply because you do not feel thirsty during winters.
- When leaving home, protect your lips with a good quality SPF, in a way you do for your lips. This can prevent dryness which occurs because of sun rays in this season.
- Those who have dry lips, avoid application of matte lipsticks. Switch to sheer or creamy textures. Apply shea butter even during the day because it comprises of SPF properties and supplies instant nourishment to your lips.
- Prepare scrub using sugar and honey to get rid of dryness. This mixture gently removes dryness whereas honey keeps it soft and nourished.
- Vitamin-E based lip balms too make for a great source of anti-oxidants and they help in maintaining texture of lips.